Internship Program - making a difference
- Around 7,700 applicants (including over 563 Indigenous)
- Over 3,300 internships arranged; provided over 620,000 hours of additional capacity
- Over 240 Aurora Hosts working in the Indigenous sector, including 148 (55%) Indigenous organisations, and 38 Hosts outside the sector
Over 900 jobs created in the sector; around 700 alumni employed - these alumni note that their decision to work in the sector was greatly influenced by their Aurora internship
Approx. $13 million of cost savings and productivity gains
Over 350 internships arranged for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander interns
72 (23%) Indigenous alumni have undertaken paid roles in the Indigenous sector.
260 Indigenous funded interns placed since the provision of Commonwealth scholarship funded internships; 55 of them have gone on to gain employment
- Placement of Indigenous students is a high priority – 90% of Indigenous applicants are selected for placement, compared to 46% of non-Indigenous applicants.
- 10 alumni (including 1 Indigenous) have been awarded Rhodes scholarships; 2 alumni have been awarded the Monash Scholarship.